PROFESSIONAL TRAINING COMPANY soc. cons. a r.l.
Head Office: Via G.B. Conte, 19 Dronero, ITALY Tel +39 0171-909189
Fax +39 0171- 904008 Website: www.afpdronero.it
Dronero Centre: Via Meucci 2, Dronero Tel +39 0171-918027 - Fax +39 0171-917870
Cuneo Centre: Via Tiziano Vecellio, 8/c Cuneo Tel +39 0171-693760 — Fax +39 0171-696780
Verzuolo Centre: Via Don Orione, 41 Verzuolo Tel +39 0175-86471 - Fax +39 0175-88914
"Art. 4) – Social objective - The consortium company is non-profit and aims to: establish a common consortium organisation for the regulation, performance and provision to members and third parties of the individual members’ activities, or related parties, of vocational training, school/work orientation, insertion and reintegration into the labour market, as well as professional relocation support, and management - direct or contracted to third parties - of research, study and implementation of active labour policies."
For more than 60 years, AFP has pursued its institutional objectives of orientation, training, professional updating, research and employment services and professional relocation. In addition, we promote personal development and the territory of reference, with particular attention to development and technology and methodology innovation.
The Professional Training Company is an important representative of the Cuneo and Saluzzo area, recognised by various ISO 9001: 2015 certified trade associations, Formatemp and accredited by the Piedmont Region.
The training, intended to fulfil compulsory education requirements, is aimed at students leaving First Level Secondary School who intend to continue their studies to obtain the Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualification. It includes the following training courses, provided free of charge thanks to contributions from the European Social Fund and the Piedmont Region:
- Mechanical Operative - Welding and joining of components – a training pathway for metalworkers. They will be able to conduct production, assembly and repair of steel and other heavy metal structures. As well as this, they will be able to use technical and practical professionalism in the production departments of mechanical companies and workshops (at the Verzuolo Centre)
- Motor Vehicle Repair Operative - Maintenance and repair of mechanical, electromechanical and pneumatic parts and systems – covers maintenance, repair and overhaul of mechanical, electric / electronic parts,and various types of motor vehicle, using of techniques and tools for diagnosing and repairing faults (at the Verzuolo Centre)
- Electric Operative - Installation of civil and industrial electrical installations and of the tertiary - includes maintenance of electrical systems in homes and in artisanal and industrial production environments, in compliance with safety regulations and design specifications (at the Dronero Centre)
- Mechanical Operative - Mechanical processing, by removal and deformation – covers the preparation and operation of machine tools, both traditional and computerised, for the construction of mechanical components (at the Dronero Centre)
- Wellness Operative - Provision of hairdressing treatments - includes all the functions related to the aesthetic care of hair (washing, cutting, coloring, perms, styling, etc.), providing the ability to work in hair salons and beauty salons (at the Cuneo Centre)
- Wellness Operative - Provision of beauty treatment services - covers aesthetic treatments on skin, hands and feet and eliminating, or making less visible, any imperfections. Among the most frequent services are: body massages, make-up and facial cleansing, manicures, pedicures and depilation. The qualified person will be able to work in beauty salons, beauty centres, hairdressers, perfumeries, gyms or swimming pools, beauty spas or wellness centres (at the Cuneo Centre).
In Professional Qualification courses, students have the opportunity of:
- LEARNING A BUSINESS: using manual intelligence, combining theory and practice.
- EXPERIENCING, THROUGH THE DUAL MODEL, SIMULATED BUSINESS AND SCHOOL/WORK ALTERNATION: starting from the first year, the students carry out operational activities, through the simulated enterprise. This is implemented through the establishment of a virtual company started up by the students who are contextualised by professional sectors of reference of the training course. It is therefore a simulation of business activities, through the organisation and management of a virtual company and the use of an equipped space, to acquire an overall view of the professional reality and the entire work cycle. From the second year, with school/work alternation, the students complete 400 hours per year, within the companies of the sector related to the training course. The path of alternation is co-designed by the training agency and the company that will host the student.
The dual system can also be applied in practice through the apprenticeship contract aimed at obtaining the qualification and the professional diploma. The apprenticeship, within the dual system, provides an educational organisation of the paths, with training periods at the training agency and others at the company, with the aim of acquiring the skills that characterise the qualification or professional diploma.
- EXPERIMENTING DIGITAL EQUIPMENT: Individual iPads are supplied to the students of VET courses; two Interactive Multimedia Whiteboards are at each Centre; two 65” Interactive Touch Monitors are at the Cuneo and Dronero Centres, one 75” is at the Verzuolo Centre; all classrooms are equipped with ultra-short throw projectors and Apple TV to wirelessly mirror the iPad on a large screen. The teachers are equipped with an iPad to be used for teaching purposes. Each Centre is equipped with a Logitech Meetup video conferencing camera. AFP provides trainers with Google Workspace for Education Plus licences that allow full use of the Google Workspace Suite and, for distance training interventions, allow for the recording, tracking and archiving of video lessons and teaching material. In AFP Centres, wi-fi coverage is guaranteed in all environments used for teaching activities. Internet access by students and staff is filtered by specific devices (firewalls) that guarantee protection from cyber threats and prevent access to categories of sites classified as unsuitable, in particular for underage students.
- ACHIEVING A PROFESSIONAL DIPLOMA: valid at European level, it is a title that allows students to continue with a further training year dedicated to specialisation, at the end of the professional qualification. With the achievement of the diploma, it is possible to organise an insertion in the fifth year of the education course with a State Professional Institute aimed at obtaining a five-year diploma.
- EXPERIMENTING MULTICULTURALITY: our multi-ethnic society requires commitment on the part of those who work in the training of young people, and therefore of AFP, to transmit the value of multiculturality as a benefit that is realised through integration and respect towards foreign people.
Specifically, AFP activates courses aimed at people of foreign origin, aimed at achieving the professional qualification and the First Level Secondary School Diploma, in collaboration with the CPIA (Centres for Adult Education) of the territory.
- EXPERIENCING SOCIAL INCLUSION: the socio-cultural context increasingly needs to promote and stimulate actions aimed at the social inclusion of people in distress, economic and social disadvantage and with disabilities. In this regard, AFP operates training courses dedicated to people with disabilities and provides personalised courses, as required by national legislation. Furthermore, AFP, in particular the Cuneo Centre, has established consolidated collaborations with social-assistance consortia and associations operating in the field of disability in the territory. Practical laboratories and training initiatives are therefore organised, both at the Cuneo Centre and at other locations of the entities involved.
In the year 2021/2022, AFP created as leader, in collaboration with the ASLCN1 / Intercompany of Mental Health Department (ASLCN1/Dipartimento interaziendale di Salute Mentale) , THE LABORATORY - Social Co-operative Society of Dronero (IL LABORATORIO - Società Cooperativa Sociale di Dronero), the project "From train and place to place and train: support for the employment of people with mental disorders", within the Regional Call for Special Projects for the social inclusion and integration into the labour market of people with disabilities.
Also in the year 2021/2022, AFP signed the memorandum of understanding for the constitution of the Rete Dafne Cuneo - Network for assistance to victims of crime, in collaboration with the Municipality of Cuneo, the Dafne ONLUS Network Association of Turin, the Dafne Italy Network Association - National network of services of assistance to victims of crime, of Turin, aimed at setting up a network of support and aid initiatives for the victims.
- BEING PART OF EUROPEAN CONTEXT: at the present time it is particularly important to promote European citizenship among young people. AFP collaborates with Europe Direct (Cuneo branch) and the Association for the Meeting of Cultures in Europe (APICE, Associazione per l’Incontro delle Culture in Europa, di Cuneo) to organise training workshops on the theme of Europe and European Citizenship.
Also, AFP has realised the following projects:
Transnationality Call of the Piedmont Region - European Structural Funds 2014-2020 - "Move 'n Learn" Project: two streams of ten young people (mechanical and styling area) were involved in an 8-week internship in Valencia, Spain (October - November 2016).
Erasmus +, Cooperation for innovation and exchange of good practices, KA2, Call 2016-2019, "Below 10". The aim of the project is to identify strategies to combat, prevent and recover from early school leaving (ESL). In "Below 10", nine partners from six EU countries (Italy, France, Portugal, Croatia, United Kingdom, Romania) are involved, including two educational and training institutions, two universities, a banking foundation, and four social and civil organisations.
Erasmus + VET Mobility for students and VET Mobility Higher Education. During the formative year 2018/2019, AFP hosted and organised a training internship in local companies for some students coming from two Spanish High Schools.
The Transnationality Call of the Piedmont Region - European Structural Funds 2019-2021 - Project "WOW - WAY OF WORKING AROUND EUROPE", mobility flows of young people trained in the mechanical and beauty sectors.
Erasmus + VET Mobility for Students, in collaboration with CNOS - FAP National AFP provides Erasmus grants for its students.
- Courses for young people and the unemployed
The continuous evolution of the labour market requires young jobseekers to acquire knowledge and skills in line with technological developments, languages, and organisational and production systems.
The courses offered have a strong professionalising connotation and are characterised by the alternation of theoretical and technical/practical activities, with the prevalence of the latter.
The AFP Centres carry out:
Post-qualification courses in mechanics, mechatronics, automotive mechanics, aesthetics and styling;
Post-diploma courses in information technology and tourism;
IFTS (Higher Technical Education and Training) course in the area of Logistics Programming, at the Verzuolo Centre
Social-Health Operative Course, at the Dronero Centre.
They are aimed at young adults and qualified, graduated and unemployed adults.
All courses include an internship / alternation phase that enhances the educational component of practical experience, integrating mainly theoretical study with learning experiences in operational business contexts. This phase assumes a significant formative value of verification "in the field" of the preparation acquired by the young person in the training course, and of their own attitudes and interests.
The quality of training during the internship is guaranteed by the tutoring system developed by the AFP and the host company, through dedicated figures including the training co-ordinator and corporate tutor.
For courses aimed at obtaining the Professional Diploma, alternation is provided, as defined by Legislative Decree 77/2005, and is divided between periods of classroom training and periods of learning through work experience, which are co-designed with companies in the sector. The work experience learning periods are an integral part of the training paths and are aimed at the realisation of the profile of educational, cultural and professional activities which are part of the course and the general and specific learning objectives established at national and regional level. The company takes on a leading training role and the training path is carried out in collaboration with the same, within a unitary project with the goal of acquiring the basic and professionalising skills of a professional diploma.
Within AFP, there are three courses aimed at obtaining the professional training diploma. They are the “Management and Maintenance of Automated Systems Technician" course at the Dronero Centre, the "Motor Vehicle Repair Technician” course at the Verzuolo Centre, and, starting from September 2022, the “Hairdressing Technician" course at the Cuneo Centre. These are annual courses of 990 hours with daily attendance, including 550 hours of alternation, aimed at young people in possession of a consistent professional qualification.
The courses include school-work alternation (Legislative Decree 77/2005) and young people with a first level apprenticeship contract may be enrolled, pursuant to art. 43 of Legislative Decree 81/2015 (dual mode). The alternation will take place in companies in the sector with a duration of 550 hours. In the case of trainees with an apprenticeship contract, the envisaged regulations apply (Legislative Decree no. 81/2015 and Ministerial Decree 12/10/2015).
The purpose of the path for the acquisition of the Professional Diploma is to offer professional training that allows the exercise of non-executive activities, with ample space for autonomy and responsibility, in a perspective of enhancing professional and cultural development. Practical training in companies takes place alongside the company tutor in "on the job" mode and alternates with training in the agency, aimed at completing the preparation of the students regarding the final exam and to obtain the Professional Diploma.
The IFTS (Higher Technical Education and Training) course takes place at the Verzuolo Centre and is aimed at training experts in Production Planning and Logistics Techniques. It is intended for young people and unemployed adults holding a higher secondary education diploma. It has a duration of 800 hours, of which 400 will be external training, carried out at a company in the sector with the method of alternating school apprenticeship contract.
- Courses aimed at employed people
The complexity and the continuous changes that characterise the current labour market require people be constantly updated (lifelong learning) on tools, technologies and organisational processes, in order to manage and not be disadvantaged by the transformations of the production system. Course IDs issued by AFP and addressed to employed adults are attributable to the following types:
- Tourist area: with a company training plan offer;
- Wellness area: aesthetic and styling sector, aimed at operatives in the sector;
- ICT field: robotics, 3D printing, 3D CAD, aimed at specialised figures in the sector.
In addition, AFP provides continuous training courses on individual initiative. These are short courses, aimed at updating, qualifying or upgrading skills, which Individual ID workers, hired from companies, can access with autonomous choice, with regional vouchers.
AFP deals with training activities for apprentices. These include training with public funding, free for the company, for apprentices hired pursuant to art. 3 and 4 of the C.A. Legislative Decree 167/2011 and training consultancy for the provision and certification of professional technical training paid by the company for the aforementioned apprentices.
- AFP Certification
The welding / brazing / polyethylene certifications can be obtained at the Verzuolo Centre
(Operative and Process Certification), in collaboration with the Italian Welding Institute of Genoa.
- EIPASS (European Certification of Computer Skills)
- Services for work:
AFP has obtained the accreditation certificate for all three centres (Dronero, Cuneo and Verzuolo) in the Piedmont Region, as an organisation capable of providing services to work. In this sense, today the centres are active in the promotion and initiatives of internships, the unemployed, young people and companies.
- Equal opportunities and principles of non-discrimination:
AFP has been dealing with equal opportunities since 2003, when we gave two employees returning from maternity leave the opportunity of carrying out a telework project at home.
Telework project for a municipal employee of the municipality and Borgiallo, in the province of Turin; "Iride 2", a continuation of the previous project with implementation of the concept of flexible working and on the problems of work organisation in small mountain municipalities.
In 2012, AFP obtained the financing, within the "regional call for tenders for granting a system of interventions to reconcile life/work balance", of the following project: "The home office: a model of flexibility and conciliation" - home teleworking addressed to the referent.
In 2013, AFP, through the project "Organisational job sharing", funded under the regional call approved by DD on November 18, 2011, n. 667, gave two employees returning from maternity leave the possibility to implement a sort of job sharing within their office.
To date, AFP, self-financing, has carried out a teleworking project, which involves the contact person for the personal office and the job-sharing project working at home two days a week.
At the organisational chart level, a representative of the system is present: the Equal Opportunities Manager who takes care of the development of the issues concerning "Equal Opportunities" for all and in all areas, incorporating the new definition of the six thematic areas in which it is appropriate to act according to the European Agenda. At each training agency, a Centre Equal Opportunities Referent is operational with the function to monitor issues related to Equal Opportunities, according to the logic of mainstreaming, and plan educational interventions in collaboration with the Organisation Manager and other referents. Their role is also to support the planning of contents and teaching methods related to the issues and participate in active internal and external training interventions, as well as making innovative proposals, to be shared with the other contacts and the head of the organisation. Starting from the year 2017, AFP has adhered to the territorial network of prevention and contrast of discrimination pursuant to regional law n.5 / 2016.
In 2020, AFP created the "WEL.FA.RE: welfare for networking" (“WEL.FA.RE: welfare per fare Rete”) project, AFP leader, Design and Activation of Corporate Welfare Interventions Call (WE CARE Strategy), which saw the experimentation of corporate welfare services, aimed at reconciling life and work balance through the dissemination of policies for equal opportunities and support for the global culture of wellbeing of male and female workers. Within the project, some employees have benefitted from contributions for educational services, services for the elderly and also the opportunity to consult a financial advisory service.
- Private Courses:
AFP organises and manages training courses aimed at companies and organisations, based on a detailed analysis of training needs.
AFP makes available, for each course, qualified teachers with years of experience in professional training and a specialised office that is structured to be able to guarantee the management of workplace training in all its specifications, responding to the requests and needs of the different working sectors.
The courses can be private or financed by Interprofessional Funds: Fondimpresa, Fondartigianato, Fonder, Fon. Coop, Formatemp.
AFP supports companies throughout the process, including design, presentation, delivery and technical/ administrative support.
AFP offers "tailor-made" solutions that ensure continuous innovation of business processes.